One More Page Turner in My Family...

Reading is something that I cannot describe in words. When you turn a few pages, the book captivates you and absorbs your attention. Minutes turn into hours. You are lost in some other world which may be comforting, relaxing and much more than mundane life of yours in reality. 

I have always encouraged my students, family members, and kids to spend more time with books than mobiles. At some extent, I have been successful also. My students have started scheduling the reading time to develop their career, my friends have started allotting the time for reading. My family members have cut off their time for playing and mobile using to devote reading. 

In my own house, we have the tradition that reading should be for at least 2 hours daily. All the gifts, products, intensives come through the quality of reading. If you want a new lunch box, read one book of your choice, you will get it. My kids are now accustomed to reading for hours. That's proud moments for us as parents. 

My daughter, Bhavyaa, has shown bright sparks of reading and reflecting since her comprehension of reading starts. She is a good student at writing, reading, and mathematics. She loves to lose herself in the world of books and magazines. She would like to turn pages with curiosity and zest. 

Today it is a proud moment for me that he has taken up the book and read her first book completely and thoroughly. I am so happy that her reading of books, her edutainment journey has started with Sudha Murthy's Magic Drum and other  Favourite Stories. 145 pages book, she has completed in 4 days and she is embarking the reading journey with Robin Sharma and Panchatantra. 

I feel blessed to have a reader in the house. My huge personal library has started utilized in my own house. Now, I have one more page turner in my family. Let the race of reading, reflecting, understanding and applying begin!

Let her reading illuminate her mind and heart!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts